View this post on Instagram
Quick & Easy Moo Shu Pork Recipe
Simplified Version of a Classic Dish
Looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy the classic Chinese dish, Moo Shu Pork? Our recipe provides a simplified version that doesn’t compromise on taste. Instead of spending hours in the kitchen, our shortcut method allows you to whip up this delicious meal in no time. We start with tender pork tenderloin, seasoned to perfection, and combine it with convenient cole slaw mix for added flavor and texture. To take the taste up a notch, we incorporate hoisin sauce, [Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce](None) (or rice vinegar for those who prefer less heat), and grated ginger. This simplified version is perfect for busy home cooks who crave a flavorful dinner without the fuss.
Preparing the Ingredients
Before diving into cooking, it’s essential to gather all the necessary ingredients for our quick and easy Moo Shu Pork recipe. Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), sliced into thin strips
- Cole slaw mix (about 4 cups)
- Hoisin sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce (1 tablespoon) or rice vinegar for less heat
- Grated ginger (1 teaspoon)
- Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
When selecting your ingredients, opt for fresh and high-quality options whenever possible. Look for pork tenderloin that is pinkish-red in color with minimal visible fat. The cole slaw mix should be crisp and vibrant, without any signs of wilting or discoloration.
To prep the ingredients, start by slicing the pork tenderloin into thin strips. This can be achieved by cutting against the grain of the meat to ensure tenderness. Next, prepare the cole slaw mix by removing any tough stems or wilted leaves. If necessary, give it a quick rinse and pat dry.
In addition to these main ingredients, you’ll also need hoisin sauce, Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce (or rice vinegar as an alternative), and grated ginger to enhance the flavor profile of your Moo Shu Pork. With all your ingredients prepped and ready to go, it’s time to move on to cooking this delicious dish!
Cooking the Moo Shu Pork
Now that we have our ingredients prepped, it’s time to start cooking the flavorful Moo Shu Pork. Follow these simple steps to achieve a delicious result:
Sautéing the Pork
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced pork strips in a single layer.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the pork is browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pork from the skillet and set it aside.
To ensure a flavorful and tender result, make sure not to overcrowd the pan while sautéing. This allows for proper browning and prevents steaming of the meat.
Adding the Flavor
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil if needed.
- Add the cole slaw mix to the skillet and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until slightly wilted but still crisp.
- Return the cooked pork to the skillet with cole slaw mix.
- Drizzle hoisin sauce over the mixture and stir well to coat everything evenly.
- Add Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce (or rice vinegar) for an extra kick of flavor and grated ginger for aromatic notes.
- Stir-fry for another minute or two until everything is well combined and heated through.
Feel free to adjust the spice level by adding more or less Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce according to your preference. If you prefer milder flavors, substitute it with rice vinegar instead.
With these simple cooking techniques, you’ll have perfectly sautéed pork combined with flavorful cole slaw mix in no time! The next step is assembling this delightful dish into lettuce wraps for serving and enjoying.
Serving and Enjoying
After all the cooking is done, it’s time to serve and enjoy your delicious Moo Shu Pork. Here are the steps to follow for a satisfying meal:
Choosing the Lettuce Leaves
When it comes to serving Moo Shu Pork, using Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves is a great choice. These types of lettuce provide a sturdy yet flexible base for wrapping the flavorful pork mixture. They also offer a refreshing crunch that complements the savory filling.
Before using the lettuce leaves, make sure to wash them thoroughly under cold running water. Pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This step ensures that your wraps stay crisp and fresh.
Assembling the Moo Shu Pork
- Take a lettuce leaf and place it on a clean surface.
- Spoon a generous amount of the sautéed pork and cole slaw mixture onto the center of the leaf.
- Fold in the sides of the leaf, then roll it up tightly from one end to create a neat wrap.
- Repeat this process with the remaining lettuce leaves and pork mixture.
For added flavor and texture, you can garnish your Moo Shu Pork wraps with optional ingredients such as chopped green onions, cilantro, or toasted sesame seeds. These toppings add an extra layer of freshness and visual appeal.
Serve your assembled Moo Shu Pork wraps as they are or pair them with steamed rice or noodles for a more substantial meal. The combination of tender pork, flavorful cole slaw mix, and crisp lettuce creates a harmonious balance of taste and texture.
Now that you know how to assemble these delightful wraps, it’s time to dig in and savor each bite!
Quick, Easy, and Delicious
In conclusion, our quick and easy Moo Shu Pork recipe is the perfect dinner idea for both home cooks and Chinese food enthusiasts. This simplified version of the classic dish offers a shortcut method without compromising on taste. The combination of seasoned pork tenderloin, flavorful cole slaw mix, and the added kick from hoisin sauce, Ginger Habanero Hot Sauce (or rice vinegar), and grated ginger creates a mouthwatering experience. By serving the mixture in Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves, you not only add a healthy twist but also enhance the overall texture and freshness of the dish. Give this recipe a try for a satisfying meal that’s quick to make and bursting with flavors!