What sounds better than a spicy jalapeño margarita? Seriously, with a rare trifecta of sweet, salty, and spicy, this cocktail nearly covers then entire spectrum of flavors. Ok, ok, maybe no sour or umami flavors, but who’s keeping score? After-all, you don’t want to overdue it.
With just the right blend of flavors, this spicy jalapeño margarita recipe leaves nothing to be desired. Except, of course, for another round of this delicious Mexican classic. Sure, you may’ve had a margarita before, probably even a spicy margarita but trust us, you haven’t had this genius jalapeñ0-based version. The flavor of this popular pepper mixes magically with the rest of the ingredients that make up the always reliable margarita.
So go on, assemble the necessary ingredients listed below and start shaking this drink into fruition. It’s short and sweet and salty and of course… spicy.
Spicy Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
- 1 Bar Spoon of Small Axe Red Hot Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice (about 1 large or 1.5 small lime)
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice (about a half of a small/medium orange)
- 1.5 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño pepper cut into thin, round slices (if you’re feeling it, use more for more spice)
- Lime Wedge
What’s The Spicy Jalapeño Margarita’s Secret Sauce?